Introducing Healthy RC Compassionate Community
Striving Toward a Community of Kindness and Action
Healthy RC and the City of Rancho Cucamonga are excited to announce the new Compassionate Community movement. As the landscape of our nation and world changes, we want to provide an actionable way for all people who live, work, and play in Rancho Cucamonga to contribute to creating a unified community. Compassionate Cities and Communities is a global movement that strives to bring our world together through kindness and appreciation of the human family.
The movement's focus on compassion and kindness toward every member of our community directly encompasses Healthy RC's vision, mission, and values. The goal is to reach every area of our community across all sectors and all demographics. Creating a culture of compassion can positively impact every single person in Rancho Cucamonga. The following values will be interwoven through every part of the Compassionate Community movement:
- Inclusiveness - We are inclusive of all people and perspectives. We value the importance of each one's contribution to the greatest good.
- Transparency - We value open and honest communication in which everyone's opinions, ideas, and contributions are significant.
- Engagement - We desire to provide meaningful opportunities for our community members to actively participate in building a Compassionate Community through their actions, words, and involvement.
- Kindness - We see the heart of compassion as appreciating others, serving and giving to our community through acts of generosity, gratitude, and thoughtfulness, and modeling an environment of friendliness and trust.
- Action - We desire to inspire people to build and support a thriving, resilient, and sustainable compassionate community through their deeds and efforts.
The Healthy RC Compassionate Community movement will feature the following:
- Monthly themes (Acts of Kindness, Appreciation, Compliments)
- Collaboration with all partners and sectors in Rancho Cucamonga
- Social media challenges
- Kindness cards to encourage people to pay it forward
- Website for sharing acts of compassion and stories
- meet new people in our community through events and programs
- Fun for the entire family!
Get involved in creating a Compassionate Community. If you would like to participate by sharing ideas or suggestions, becoming part of the planning committee, or simply being involved please contact us. Your organization or community group can also help organize compassionate activities.
Thank you to our community for desiring to create a welcoming and unified environment for everyone. For more information about Healthy RC, and to get involved with the Compassionate Community movement, please visit www.HealthyRC.com or call (909) 477-2700.