Celebrating the Impact of Everyday Difference Makers
One of the unique traits of the City of Rancho Cucamonga is the way members of the community involve themselves through volunteerism. Our volunteers bring passion and special skillsets to the table that enhance our events and programs. Volunteering provides an opportunity for just one person to make an impact on the entire community. Whether delivering hot meals to homebound seniors, coaching a youth sports team, fostering a litter of kittens, or preparing for a natural disaster through CERT training, the City offers diverse opportunities to meet interests of those looking to give back to the community.
Volunteers reap benefits like acquiring new skills, meeting new people, gaining valuable work experience, making professional contacts, building self-confidence, and improving the quality of life in the community. Each one is essential to strengthening existing programs and services, and key to helping the City to develop new ones. We encourage community members to show pride and get involved in civic activities they enjoy through volunteer opportunities.
An impressive 1,500 individuals actively volunteered and contributed over 69,000 hours of services in 2016. Here is a sample of volunteer opportunities we currently offer:
- Animal Care and Adoption Center: Animal socializer, dog walker, caretaker, clerical aide, community outreach, foster care, photographer, transporter, veterinary services fundraising
- Community Improvement: Sign removal, special exterior property cleanup, other community beautification efforts
- Community Services: Friends of the Playhouse, Friends of the Senior Center, TRAC, youth sports coach, gift shop, Central PeRC snack shop, special events, greeters, ushers, ticket takers
- Fire District: Explorers, Community Emergency Response Team members, amateur radio operator
- Healthy RC: Community Champions, Youth Leaders, Healthy RC Steering Committee members, Healthy RC Compassionate Community Committee members
- Library Services: Friends of the Library, Back 2 Basics, summer reading program, housecall services, adult literacy tutor, picture book shelver
- Police Department: Explorers, Citizens on Patrol, Reserve Deputy Sheriffs
Those interested in volunteering for the City must first submit an online volunteer application, and some positions may require further screening. For more information, or to access the form, please visit the City's website at www.CityofRC.us