You Can Help Make a More Sustainable RC
Participate in a sustainability survey and help us measure our carbon footprint.
The Sustainable Community Action Plan (Plan) approved in April 2017 provides the direction and future goals for environmental sustainability in Rancho Cucamonga. The Plan was truly community-based and rooted in input received from residents, local businesses, community organizations, elected officials, and regional agencies. City staff engaged each of these stakeholders using a community survey and forum, public meetings, and community Task Force and interdepartmental meetings.
We have already made a significant amount of progress toward accomplishing the goals identified in the Plan. Below are a few statistics that showcase some positive environmental efforts that improve the quality of life in our community:
- 30 Parks and 303 acres of park space
- 51,895 Passenger tires recycled for rubberized asphalt paving
- 955 Electric vehicle charging sessions at City facilities
- 15,000 Streetlights retrofitted to LED resulting in $1.3 million saved in energy costs
- 5 families received no-cost solar through Grid Alternatives partnership
Moving forward, our efforts will focus on measuring our environmental footprint. You can help by participating in a survey. Please visit www.bit.ly/greenrc to take part.