Get Connected with Healthy RC
Volunteer with Healthy RC and make an impact in your community.
The Healthy RC initiative is a community program designed to improve lives across Rancho Cucamonga. You can be part of the team working hard to make our community healthy and vibrant. Check out the list below for some of the Healthy RC volunteer opportunities. For more information on upcoming events and available resources, please call (909) 774-2043 or visit www.HealthyRC.com.
- Healthy RC Steering Committee: Dedicated residents, local businesses, non-profit agencies, City and County staff, hospitals, and community groups working together to develop action plans, events, programs, policies, and teams that focus on the eight community health priorities identified by our residents. Meetings are held on the 4th Tuesday of the month from 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. at Central Park, Creative Corner Room.
- Mental Health Subcommittee: Develops strategies and initiatives to destigmatize mental health and direct resources available through mental health campaigns and symposiums. Meetings are held on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at City Hall, Chaffey Room.
- Compassionate Community Subcommittee: Develops strategies to create a culture of compassion by collaborating to share ideas, suggestions, and plan community events, programs, and fun challenges for the city. Meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month from 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. at City Hall, Tri Communities Room.
- Community Schools Model Subcommittee: Develops strategies to make stronger families and healthier communities by supporting students and families with non-academic barriers like violence, hunger, and homelessness. Meetings are held on the 4th Tuesday of the month from 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. at Central Park, Creative Corner Room.
- Evaluation Subcommittee: Coordinates and integrates evaluation activities to track Healthy RC's progress over time by identifying, prioritizing, and monitoring health outcomes. Meetings are held on the 3rd Thursday of the month from 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. at City Hall.
- Community Champions: Provides leadership training and fosters civic engagement among Latino residents to develop and implement policies and programs to address health priorities. Meetings are held on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month from 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. at the RC Family Resource Center.
- Youth Leaders Empowers middle and high school students to represent their peers to take action to promote a healthier community. Applications for Youth Leaders will be available beginning summer 2018.