Healthy RC Youth Leaders Program
Do you know a teen interested in building unique leadership skills?
The Healthy RC Youth Leaders Program is currently looking for motivated middle and high school teens who are looking to make a difference in Rancho Cucamonga! Youth will get involved with local government policy making and have the experience of working alongside City staff and leaders to work on health policy initiatives. Healthy RC Youth Leaders provide students with the skills and capacity to be community leaders by building their public speaking and communication skills. We are looking for students who are passionate and have the potential to grow. Teens have a lot of fun meeting new friends across the City and create lasting memories.
Some of the achievements of this program are:
- Development of Nutrition and Beverage Standards policy at City facilities.
- Development of an electronic smoking ordinance that includes e-cigarettes in our City’s smoking ordinance.
- Creation of the City’s Farmers’ market and community gardens zoning ordinances to increase access to healthy options.
- Advocating at City Council meetings for the development of Los Amigos Park
Opportunities to speak a national conferences and be recognized for statewide awards
- We received 1st place in the statewide Directing Change film competition for our video on breaking the stigma on mental health titled "La Ropa Sucia"
- Healthy RC Youth Leaders received a state-wide Helen Putnam award of excellence and Youth Leaders attended and received recognition at the League of CA Cities Conference
For more information visit: www.bit.ly/rcyouthleaders
Application deadline is August 21st.
Watch Youth Leaders in Action here: https://vimeo.com/352097545